Carmen Law Office, P.C.
Mr. Carmen was admitted to the bar in Illinois in 1984 and U. S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois in 1986. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court, the Fifth, Seventh and Eighth Circuit Courts of Appeals and the U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois.
Mr. Carmen completed his undergraduate degree (A.B., with honors) at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, where he was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. He received his J.D law degree, cum laude, from the University of Illinois College of Law in 1984.
Mr. Carmen practiced with the national law firm of Hinshaw & Culbertson from 1986-1999, and was elected a partner in 1993. He joined the Telleen firm in 2001 after two years of solo practice.
Mr. Carmen has a wide-ranging litigation practice, with concentrations in personal injury, criminal, domestic relations, commercial and appellate litigation. Mr. Carmen has argued 11 cases to the Illinois Supreme Court
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Domestic Relations
- Civil Litigation
- Business Law
- Estate Administration
- Real Estate
- Municipal Law
- Illinois, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1986
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Court of Appeals 5th Circuit, 1988
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1993
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 2002
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois
- J.D. - 1984
- Honors: cum laude
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL
- A.B., With Honors
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Henry County Bar Association, Member